Have you dropped your Samsung phone, resulting in a cracked or black screen?
If your phone is broken, you may want to replace it with a new one, but you can get your important data back, including any documents, videos, photos, contacts, or other data that was stored on the phone before it broke because the touch screen stopped working. However, this qmart guide will show you three efficient ways to fix a Samsung Galaxy S6/S5/S4/Note 5/Note 4/Note 3 with a black screen of death. It will also teach you how to use a broken Android data recovery to effectively recover data from a Samsung phone with a broken screen.
Solution 1: Boot to Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition to Fix it
The first way you should try is to get your Samsung Galaxy phone into Recovery Mode by booting the phone:
- Power off your device completely. Then, press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power button at the same time.
- When the phone vibrates, let go of the Power button while still holding the other two buttons till the Android System Recovery screen comes.
- From the main menu of the Recovery Mode menu, select “wipe cache partition”. (Press the Power and Volume Down buttons to select it.
- Following the clearing of the cache partition, your Galaxy S/Note will restart on its own.
Solution 2: Reset your Samsung Galaxy to factory settings to fix it.
If the first approach doesn’t work, try performing a factory reset on the smartphone. Please be aware that backing up your Galaxy phone before performing a factory reset is a good idea. To reset your phone, follow these steps (using the Galaxy S5 as an example):
First, shut off your device. If your device won’t turn off, remove the battery for a second and put it back.
- After that, keep pressing the Power, Home, and Volume Up buttons all at once until the Android displays on the screen.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” by selecting it with the Power button after using the Volume Down button to highlight it. After that, choose “Yes – delete all user data” to confirm it.
- Use the Power button to choose “reboot system now” after waiting until you see the option.
- Everything will be erased and available for setup again when the Galaxy S5 restarts.
Solution 3: Fix Black Screen on Samsung Galaxy with Broken Android Data Extraction (No Data Loss)
Broken Android Data Extraction is a powerful multi function software. It can also fix issues with Samsung phones that are stuck in frozen screens, blank screens, black screens, etc. Broken Android Data Extraction can also, with a single click, recover lost or deleted data from your Samsung Galaxy S6/S5/S4/Note 5, etc. with broken screen, including contacts, text messages, call logs, WhatsApp, photos, audios, and more. It can even do this for dead and black-screen Samsung devices.
2) A new update is now accessible for the Samsung Galaxy S21 series.
Samsung has begun rolling out a new security update for Galaxy devices. The security patch for March 2023, which Samsung revealed earlier today, is now available for unlocked, international Galaxy S21 models.
The firmware version G99xBXXS6EWBB recognizes the update. The latter confirms that this is a security patch and not a feature update. In other words, don’t expect new features or substantial changes, even if your phone may or may not receive some under-the-hood tweaks to improve performance and stability.
As previously stated, the March 2023 security patch includes dozens of security bug fixes for Google’s Android OS as well as roughly a dozen fixes for Samsung’s own software. Some imperfections affect Galaxy devices equipped with the Exynos 2100 SoC, which the Galaxy S4 uses.